one audition can change everything.
Working to make it as an actor, and by "make it" I literally just mean booking enough jobs consistently to actually be able to pay bills, can seem like quite the challenge for those learning how to become an actor. Going through, time after time, the emotional process of auditions, self-tape submissions, open casting calls, call backs, go-see's, screen tests, hours of acting classes, headshot after headshot, agent meetings, resume updating, comp-card and portfolio printing, keeping up with your measurements, countless hours of workshops, and an increasing number of the hurry up and wait routine, eventually starts to discourage anyone, and especially if you just aren't making the cast.
To All The Talent Reading This Today
It is my hope, and why I am writing this blog post, to encourage you TO NOT GIVE UP! As cliche' as that sounds, I am telling you this...BECAUSE many actors we know of today and enjoy watching on the big screen, were once in the very same position many of us actors feel everyday. It just took that "One Audition That Changed Everything," for them and launched their amazing careers that we know of and aspire to be.
I recently came across a really inspiring video that I found on YouTube of amazing actors' audition tapes, before they were "famous." Even though at times they felt like giving up, they kept auditioning. Had they quit so many of us would have never experienced such special and unique talents. Same goes for you. So DON'T QUIT!
Three basic questions you should ask yourself
if you want to become a working professional actor.
1. Are You Enrolled In The RIGHT Acting Class?
2. Is Your Headshot Helping You or Hurting You?
3. Do Your Self-Tapes Meet Industry Standard Requirements?
MEDIOCRITY WILL NOT WORK
"Your actor headshot can make or break whether or not you get called in for an audition. It can make or break an agent wanting to sign and work with you. Independent projects take
Having a mediocre headshot or one that comes off ‘not your best’ isn’t going to give you the slightest edge in booking work. A poor actor headshot can actually have the opposite desired affect. Nothing could be more disheartening then robbing yourself of potential castings because you have a bad headshot.
Your actor headshot is your calling card. Most times it is the first point of entry into a casting director’s life. You want to represent yourself to that casting director to the best of your ability. Anything that you can do to grab the attention of a casting agent is to your advantage." -MonologueBlogger.Com
- Dec 26, 2018 Attention Commercial Actors!
- Dec 20, 2018 What makes JLD a Successful Talent Management Company?
- Dec 16, 2018 Ad Industry Gearing Up For Possible Actors Strike; Production Hurry-Up Expected
- Dec 12, 2018 How much influence do casting directors have when making casting decisions?
- Oct 19, 2018 Basic On-Set Etiquette Every Actor Should Know
- Oct 19, 2018 From the Film Festival Road With Actress Margaret Curry
- Aug 6, 2018 Being Persistent To Understand Everything About Making Movies Is Important To Your Success!
- Jun 12, 2018 How To: Encode your Video properly when submitting an audition tape.
- Jun 12, 2018 I Hate Love Songs by Kelsea Ballerini, Featuring J.L. DAVID TALENT
- Jun 12, 2018 Mercedes Benz USA Website and User App Is Graced By J.L. David Talent.
- Jun 12, 2018 J.L. David Talent works on latest Carrie Underwood Smash Video "Cry Pretty."
- May 22, 2018 Vara Gianna + Seventeen Magazine
- May 22, 2018 Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star + Willie Jones
- Feb 3, 2018 How Do I Bring My Own Take to an Already-Written Character?
- Feb 3, 2018 5 Unbreakable Acting Resume Rules
- Jan 23, 2018 11 Ways To Up Your Audition Game
- Jan 19, 2018 One Question An Actor Should Never Ask.
- Jan 15, 2018 The #1 Reason You Won’t Book The Role + How to Fix It
- Jan 2, 2018 15 New Years Resolutions for Actors To Succeed In 2018.
- Dec 10, 2017 10 AUDITION TIPS FOR ACTORS
- Nov 28, 2017 Audition Makeup- Top Tips For Actors
- Nov 24, 2017 How do I get started as a model or actor?
- Nov 24, 2017 Truthful Words Told To Actors By Actors
- Sep 3, 2017 One Audition Can Change Everything
- Mar 29, 2017 How To Write A Talent Resume The Right Way
- Jan 17, 2017 What Does A Talent Agent Actually Do?
- Jan 10, 2017 Four Things Talent Should Understand From The Beginning.
- Jan 5, 2017 A Head Shot that BOOKS Is What Matters Most!
- Sep 24, 2016 A KIDS DIVISION UNSTOPPABLE